Our Board provides professional insight and advice to businesses through a range of activities. Our committees include:
- Employer Conferences – We work with Mercer County Executive Brian M. Hughes on the development of business conferences to educate and provide advice to the Mercer County business community.
- Strategic Planning – WDB members identify growth industries in the County and assist the One-Stop Career Center to tailor employer/employee training programs to ensure that our businesses have access to a highly educated workforce.
- Literacy – We work collaboratively with other County entities to build a system of support to deliver comprehensive literacy services to County residents to enhance their job readiness along with training residents who aspire to advance in their employment.
- Disability Issues – We work with the One-Stop Career Center to move people with disabilities from training to employment by working closely with local businesses about the benefits of hiring individuals with disabilities.
- Youth Investment Council – We work with the One-Stop Career Center to develop programs to help prepare eligible Mercer County youth between the ages of 14 and 21 for current and future employment.
- Health Care Committee – The WDB addresses the needs of the health care industry in Mercer County by identifying “in demand” occupations and instituting innovative solutions to ensure adequate resources to encourage, prepare, employ and retain qualified individuals.