- Complete Notary Application form - Click here to file your application online and pay the fee of $30. Paper Forms are also available by calling 609-989-6467. (Note: you need Acrobat Reader to download this form.)
- Prospective notaries must have their applications signed by a legislator. If you file your application online it will be sent to your legislator electronically. If you choose to file a paper application, you will be responsible for delivering it to your legislator.
- After the State processes your application, you should receive your Notary Commission by mail. You must appear in the County Clerk’s Office to register and take your oath of office. The fee to register a Notary Commission is $15.
County Clerk Certification:
- County Clerk certificates of good standing for Notaries Public of New Jersey may be obtained from the Mercer County Clerk’s Office. There is a $5 fee for each certificate.
2020 Notary Education Class
We have spots remaining for our notary education class to be held on Thursday, February 20, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., at the Conference Center on the campus of Mercer County Community College. The class is open to all notaries public and those interested in becoming a notary public.
In-depth topics to be covered at this seminar include:
- Steps for proper notarization
- How to complete a Notary Journal
- How to examine identification
- Simple explanations of New Jersey Notary Laws
- Avoiding serious problems by learning how to perform notarizations without errors.
The two-hour, non-credit course will be presented by County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello and attorneys Maeve E. Cannon, Esq. and Ryan P. Kennedy, Esq. of Stevens and Lee, PC.
If you are interested in registering, please click here
2020 Dates of Registration/Renewal
The Mercer County Clerk's notary staff processes Notary Public Commissions on-site at Mercer County Connection located in the Hamilton Square Shopping Center at 957 Route 33 and Paxson Avenue, Hamilton.
Notaries will be processed from 3 to 7:30 p.m.on the first Thursday of every month. The dates are listed below.
|January 2, 2020||February 6, 2020|
|March 5, 2020||April 2, 2020|
|May 7, 2020||June 4, 2020|
|July 2, 2020||August 6, 2020|
|September 3, 2020||October 1, 2020|
|November 5, 2020||December 3, 2020|