Complete the County ID application form. Do not sign application until applicant appears in person at the County Clerk’s Office.
- Must be a US citizen, naturalized citizen, or resident alien (Current Identification Date Required)
- Must be a Mercer County resident for at least 6 months (proof of residence may be required)
- Must produce the following:
- Valid birth certificate (with raised seal) OR naturalization certificate OR valid resident alien card.
- Valid NJ Motor Vehicle License OR a voter registration card OR lease agreement.
NOTE: If you are unable to produce proof of residency, you must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or blood relative that lives at the same address. That person must meet the identification requirements as well as sign on your behalf, with a valid New Jersey State Identification or driver’s license.
- Digital photos provided.
- Fee of $20 or $15 for Senior (62 and older) for Residents, $10 for Veterans Card.
- Mercer residents age of 16 and older may apply for the County ID Card.
Identification cards are processed while you wait at 209 S Broad St. weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For additional information, please call 609-278-7108.
For Veteran Identification Card, the applicant's original DD214 form and proof of Mercer County residence must be provided (see application).
The Mercer County Clerk’s Office is now offering special ID cards to Gold Star Parents, who have lost a son or daughter in combat, following the passage of recent legislation allowing such cards to be issued. Additionally, we will record the discharge paperwork for free. Our office in Trenton at 209 South Broad Street, 2nd floor, began issuing the cards on Monday, March 19, 2018. For details on what is needed to obtain a Gold-Star Parent ID card, please contact 609-989-7108 or visit http://www.mercercounty.org/government/county-clerk/office-services for hours of operation and for details on what you need to have in terms of identification.