As you know the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has made it necessary for Mercer County to prepare and plan for a variety of different outcomes.
Until Mercer County reopens officially, we will not have Wednesday evening hours, nor will we be open on Fridays.
However, in the interest of the safety of customers and employees alike, we have implemented some guidelines to ensure a smooth reopening.
We are scheduling notary renewal appointments in our Trenton Office only and you may call 609-989-6466 or email Sortiz@mercercounty.org to schedule an appointment. Our monthly “Notary Nights” at the County Connection Satellite office in Hamilton will not be held until further notice. These will resume when the County re-opens the building officially BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Passports: We are offering passport services in Trenton Office only. Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins will be accepted. To schedule an appointment, please call 609-989-6473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Passport services at the County Connection office will be by appointment only and can be scheduled by calling 609-890-9800 or emailing passportservice@mercercounty.
Search room: Property searchers must schedule an appointment to come into the search room between 8:30-11:30 a.m. or 12:30-3:30 p.m. No more than five slots per session will be allowed. Please call 609-989-6233 or email email@example.com.
IDs: Appointments are recommended to obtain a county ID card, but walk-ins are welcome. Please call 609-278-7108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Additionally, veteran ID cards are available by appointment only and will be issued for FREE from September 8th to 11th during the week of Labor Day and September 11th (since we were unable to offer vet ID cards over Memorial Day this year).
General: All visitors to the Mercer County Clerk’s Office in Trenton and the County Connection office in Hamilton must wear a MASK OR OTHER FACE COVERING to enter. Also, we ask that anyone who has experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 72 hours not to visit.
ELECTIONS: Primary Results can be viewed by scrolling down on this page to the Frequently Asked section. They will continue to be updated as the Board of Elections counts, until the Primary Election Certification deadline on July 24, 2020. To vote by mail in the November General Election, you can download a vote by mail application at nj.gov/state/elections/
Please continue to check our web page for updates and future alerts as we continue to make accommodations to keep you and our workforce safe.
Paula Sollami Covello
Mercer County Clerk
** Updated July 15, 2020.
I am pleased to provide you with a brief description of the broad range of services offered by the Clerk's Office, along with a number of forms to obtain these services that can be easily downloaded.
The County Clerk's Office offers many services that Mercer residents and businesses use every day. It is the Clerk's Office that files and records all documents concerning real estate ownership and transfer; registers small business trade names, processes U.S. passport applications; processes and issues County and Veteran identification cards and swears in notary public applicants. Early in my administration we also began offering photos for people seeking passports and County and Veteran ID cards, and Gold-Star Parent ID cards as well. The County Clerk also has certain election responsibilities including the printing of ballots, counting of votes cast by electronic machines and the issuance of vote-by-mail ballots. In fact, we post election results for you on this website. Lastly, the Clerk is empowered to perform marriage ceremonies. We offer passport services with extended hours at our Trenton office and at the County's satellite office, the Mercer County Connection, located in the Hamilton Square Shopping Center, Route 33 and Paxson Avenue, Hamilton Township.
Please stop by and visit us and see how the Mercer County Clerk's Office can be of service to you. We are located at 209 South Broad Street in Trenton. My staff and I are here to serve you. Our top priority is that you, Mercer County residents and businesses, receive what you pay for in excellent government service.
All the best,
Paula Sollami Covello
Mercer County Clerk
*Vote tallies are never final and official until the Board of Elections counts the provisional ballots and questionable Vote by Mail ballots.
ELECTION NEWS AND INFORMATION
- Ballot Drawing for 2020 General Election to be Held on Facebook Live
- Detailed OFFICIAL Results 2020 Primary Election
- 2020 Primary Election OFFICIAL Summary Results
- HOW-TO VIDEO: FILLING OUT A VOTE BY MAIL APPLICATION
- How to fill out a Vote By Mail Ballot
- 2020 Primary Election to be Primarily Vote-By-Mail
- County Clerk Reminds Voters to Apply to Vote By Mail for Primary Election
- Mercer County Clerk’s Office to Accept Nomination Petitions at Select Times; Electronic Signatures and Filings Accepted
- Citing Coronavirus concerns, County Clerk urges voters to apply to Vote By Mail
- Meeting for Audit of Ballots Addresses Efficiency, Transparency
- Voting Information Project - "Where is My Polling Location?" And more!
- MERCER COUNTY CLERK ENCOURAGES VOTERS TO CONFIRM THEIR POLLING PLACE ON THEIR SAMPLE BALLOT
- Vote By Mail for College Students
- Vote by Mail FAQ (English)
- Vote by Mail FAQ (Spanish)
- Mercer County Clerk Division of Elections
*More information on Elections can be found if you click Elections link on left.
Recent Office News
- * Attention to those recording land records* Mercer County Clerk advisory regarding Coronavirus (COVID 19)
- Notaries May Now Renew Commission After Health Emergency - Clerk’s Office to Honor Existing Appointments
- Search Room in County Clerk’s Office to be Opened on Limited Basis
- Extension of Filing Financial Disclosure Statements
- Mercer County Clerk’s Monthly “Notary Nights” Will Not Be Held Until Further Notice
- Mercer County Clerk Explains How REAL ID Extension Relates to Passports
- Mercer County Clerk's Spring 2020 Newsletter
- 2019 Mercer County Clerk's Fall Newsletter
- Sollami Covello Sworn in as Vice President of COANJ
- 2019 Mercer County Clerk's Summer Newsletter
- Mercer County Clerk Announces Free Veteran and Gold Star Parent ID's
- Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello announces Gold Star Parent Identification Cards. Click here for more details
- Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello offers different Identification Cards
- Mercer County Clerk Announces Change in Passport Processing Fees
- Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello Applauds Legislators on Passage of Bill Preventing Deed Solicitation
- Mercer County Clerk Announces Technology Upgrade for legacy search system
- IMPORTANT RECORDING NOTICE - EFFECTIVE JULY 3
- Announcing Property Fraud Alert Service
- Electronic Filing of Notary Oaths
SEARCH AND RECORDING INFORMATION AND FAQS
Following the recent Appellate Court decision in the case of NJ Land Title Association v. Dana Rone, County Register of the County of Essex (Dkt. No. A-5028-16T1), the e-recording convenience fee will be suspended, effective April 1, 2019, until further notice.
- Important Notice for Recorders
- Official Records: Public Search
- Public Search System: Registration Request Form
- Mercer County Property Information Portal
- Mercer County Property Alert Service
- Updated - Important Foreclosure Information