I am pleased to be able to provide you with a brief description of the broad range of services offered by the Clerk's Office, along with a number of forms to obtain these services that can be easily downloaded.
The County Clerk's Office offers many services that Mercer residents and businesses use every day. It is the Clerk's Office that files and records all documents concerning real estate ownership and transfer; registers small business trade names, processes U.S. passport applications; processes and issues County and Veteran identification cards and swears in notary public applicants. Early in my administration we also began offering photos for people seeking passports and County and Veteran ID cards, and Gold-Star Parent ID cards as well. The County Clerk also has certain election responsibilities including the printing of ballots, counting of votes cast by electronic machines and the issuance of vote-by-mail ballots. In fact, we post election results for you on this website. Lastly, the Clerk is empowered to perform marriage ceremonies. We offer passport services with extended hours at our Trenton office and at the County's satellite office, the Mercer County Connection, located in the Hamilton Square Shopping Center, Route 33 and Paxson Avenue, Hamilton Township.
Please stop by and visit us and see how the Mercer County Clerk's Office can be of service to you. We are located at 209 South Broad Street in Trenton. My staff and I are here to serve you. Our top priority is that you, Mercer County residents and businesses, receive what you pay for in excellent government service.
All the best,
Paula Sollami Covello
Mercer County Clerk
*Vote tallies are never final and official until the Board of Elections counts the provisional ballots and questionable VBM ballots.
ELECTION NEWS AND INFORMATION
- Meeting for Audit of Ballots Addresses Efficiency, Transparency
- 2018 Princeton School Referendum - Detailed Results
- 2018 Princeton Referendum Election - Summary
- Voting Information Project - "Where is My Polling Location?" And more!
- Sample Ballots are now available on the web!
- Dates to Reminder for Upcoming Elections
- 2018 GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS (DETAILED)
- 2018 GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS (SUMMARY) All results are unofficial until the vote by mail ballots and provisional ballots are counted by the Mercer County Board of Elections (Due to a law change, this includes vote by mail ballots that arrive within 48 hours of Election Day if they were mailed in a timely manner).
- MERCER COUNTY CLERK ENCOURAGES VOTERS TO CONFIRM THEIR POLLING PLACE ON THEIR SAMPLE BALLOT
- 2017 VOTE MAIL INITIATIVE
- Vote By Mail applications to arrive to voters soon!
- Vote By Mail for College Students
- Vote by Mail FAQ (English)
- Vote by Mail FAQ (Spanish)
- Mercer County Clerk Division of Elections
*More information on Elections can be found if you click Elections link on left.
Recent Office News
- County Clerk Announces Special Days for Passport Processing
- Mercer County Clerk's Office will be moving back to 209 South Broad St.
- Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello announces Gold Star Parent Identification Cards. Click here for more details
- Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello offers different Identification Cards
- Mercer County Clerk Announces Change in Passport Processing Fees
- Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami Covello Applauds Legislators on Passage of Bill Preventing Deed Solicitation
- Educational Class for Notary Publics 2018
- Mercer County Clerk Announces Technology Upgrade for legacy search system
- Mercer County Clerk Announces NJ Notary Oath nights for 2018
- IMPORTANT RECORDING NOTICE - EFFECTIVE JULY 3
- Announcing Property Fraud Alert Service
- Electronic Filing of Notary Oaths
SEARCH AND RECORDING INFORMATION AND FAQ'S
- Important Notice for Recorders
- Official Records: Public Search
- Public Search System: Registration Request Form
- Mercer County Property Information Portal
- Mercer County Property Alert Service
- Updated - Important Foreclosure Information