Who is Eligible?
Mercer County TRADE (Transportation Resources to Aid the Disadvantaged and Elderly) provides transportation services to Mercer County Residents who are:
- Senior citizens (60+)
- People with disabilities
ALL TRIPS ARE GROUPED INTO THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
- SUBSCRIPTION: trips to employment, dialysis, nutrition sites, rehabilitation sites, radiation, etc. which are provided on an ongoing basis.
- DEMAND RESPONSE: trips to doctors’ appointments, out-patient clinics, beauty parlors, or shopping, which are provided on an as-needed basis.
How do I schedule a reservation?
- Call 609-530-1971, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., up to 14 days prior to the date of your scheduled appointment.
- Appointment times for the Princeton/Hightstown area can be made by calling toll-free 609-275-2929.
- Demand Response appointment times are available from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. as space is available.
- For residents who suffer from speech or hearing loss you may access the New Jersey Relay service by dialing 711.
You must provide the reservations staff with the appointment time and date, your destination’s address and phone number, and return ride information.
Please inform TRADE if you require a lift-equipped vehicle or if special mobility assistance is required. If you need the assistance of another individual, inform the reservations staff so that seating will be available.
NOTE: TRADE drivers are not allowed to take a mobility device up or down more than one step without the assistance of at least one other able-bodied person.
How do I register for TRADE?
You can register over the phone when you call to make your first appointment at 609-530-1971.
Identify yourself and whether you have registered with TRADE. If you are not registered, please be prepared to provide the intake operator with the following information:
- name and address
- home telephone number
- date of birth
- emergency contact person with telephone number
- mobility devices used (manual or motorized wheelchair or scooter, walker. cane, crutches, etc.)
- total family income
- total number of residents in household
NOTE: ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL
When should I be ready for pick up?
We ask every passenger to be ready for pick up one hour before your scheduled appointment. Passengers who reside in multi-unit dwellings must wait in the lobby. Our drivers have full passenger schedules. Consequently, they must not wait more than 5 minutes for you.
Please be on time!
Will the driver wait or remain with me at the appointment?TRADE drivers cannot wait with you. When making your reservation, you must provide TRADE with accurate information regarding your return time.
Is there a fee for TRADE service?No. A voluntary donation of $1 is suggested.
What if my appointment is cancelled?Promptly notify TRADE of your cancellation by calling 609-530-1971. Dispatchers are in radio contact with drivers. Please remember to call. A wasted trip costs taxpayers money and denies service to other potential passengers.
Who do I call if I have a comment regarding TRADE?TRADE is very interested in your view of our service. If you wish to compliment us on the service received or notify us of problems, call us at 609-530-1971, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please provide as much information as possible in order for us to follow up and/or take the appropriate action. The information you provide will be kept confidential.
What are my responsibilities as a passenger?
- Be ready one hour prior to your appointment time.
- Customers who reside in a high-rise must be waiting in the lobby.
- Driver will not wait in excess of five minutes – please be on time!
- Wait for driver assistance – do not board the vehicle alone.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Seat belts must be utilized!
- Do not stand, change seats or move about the vehicle when it is in motion.
- Be courteous to other passengers and driver. Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Have possession of and secure carry on items.
- Shoppers – There is a 3-bag limit!
- No eating, drinking or smoking on the vehicle
- No food and/or drink from nutrition sites permitted.
- Keep vehicles clean – do not litter!
- In case of accident: follow directions from the driver and stay calm.
- Notify driver of incident or illness of self or others.