Who Can Register?
To register in New Jersey you must be:
- A United States citizen.
- I am at least 17 years old, and understand that I may not vote until reaching the age 18.
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election.
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction.
Where to Register
Applications for registration can be obtained from the Superintendent of Elections/Commissioner of Registrations in the County where you live or from your Municipal Clerk, County Clerk or the State Division of Elections.
Registration forms are also available at Division of Motor Vehicle offices. You can also register to vote at the same time you are applying for assistance or service at the following agencies:
- NJ Medical Assistance & Health Services Program
- WIC (Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infant & Children)
- Work First NJ Programs
- Division of Developmental Disabilities
- Office of Disability Services – Department of Human Services – Public Offices
- Armed Forces of the United States Recruitment Offices
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services – Department of Labor
- Commission of the Blind & Visually Impaired
- County Welfare Agency or County Board of Social Services
You can also print a registration application and after entering required data, mail it to the:
Mercer County Superintendent of Elections/Commissioner of Registration
640 S. Broad St
P.O. Box 8068
Trenton NJ 08650-0068
You may also call the Superintendent’s office at (609) 989-6750 and a form will be mailed to you.
In addition, this form can also be used for a name change, address change, signature update, Political Party Affiliation or Non-affiliation Change. No faxed copies or an electronic transmission of a voter registration form can be accepted since an original signature is required. The registrant must down load the form and send the hard copy to the Superintendent of Elections.
Registration Deadline: 21 days before an election.
If interested in having a voter drive you can obtain up to 200 voter registration forms from our office. If more forms are needed please go to the State Division of Elections.
Voter Registration Lists
Voter Registration lists CD's and gummed labels can be obtained by contacting 609-989-6750 or downloading Voter Registration Lists Form and mail it to us.
We will need the following information from individuals requesting the files.
- Describe the particulars of your request, and include the following statement - "This material will not be used for commercial purposes".
All checks are to be made payable to "Mercer County"