Catherine DiCostanzo, Superintendent
|Mail:||640 S. Broad St. Trenton, NJ 08650-0068|
|P.O. Box 8068|
The Superintendent of Elections is appointed by the Governor for a term of five years, and works under the direction of the Attorney General's office according to NJ Election law Title 19. The Superintendent of Elections has the authority to do the following:
- Has police powers to enforce title 19,19:32-21 & 44.
- Acts as the County's Commissioner of Registration, 19:31-2.
- Has custody of County's voting machines.
As the Commissioner of Registration, duties also include:
- Regulates voter registrations, 19:31-2.
- Accepts voter registration applications.
- Reviews registration records to assure continued eligibility Investigates provisional ballots, 19:53C