In 1983, the Mercer County Agricultural Development Board (MCADB) was established to assist in the implementation and coordination of the Farmland Preservation Program in Mercer County. The Board members are appointed by the Mercer County Executive, with County Freeholder concurrence. The Board members serve in an advisory capacity to the County Executive. The Board consists of four members "who shall be actively engaged in farming, with a majority (3) of whom shall own a portion of the land they farm"; three members who represent the general public; and non-voting members representing Extension Services, the Soil Conservation District and the Mercer County Planning Department.
The MCADB members are as follows:
- Steve Jany, Chairperson
- Frank D’Amico, Jr., Vice-Chairperson
- Gary Mount
- Scott Ellis
- Kelly Mooij
- Laurie Emde
- Kristine Walsh
- Meredith Melendez, County Agricultural Extension Office Rep.
- William S. Agress, County Planning Board Liaison
- Scott Ellis and Gary Mount, acting SCD Representatives
- Leslie Floyd, Mercer County Planning Director
- Daniel Pace, Secretary
- Susan Bacso, Esq., Counsel
The Mercer County Agricultural Development Board (MCADB) usually meets 7:30 p.m. the first Monday of the month at the Extension Service Building, 930 Spruce Street, Trenton, New Jersey. To confirm a meeting date, please call the Mercer County Planning Department at 609-989-6545.
The schedule of meetings:
The following schedule of meetings was adopted at the February 5, 2018 MCADB annual reorganization meeting:
- Monday, February 5, 2018 (annual reorganization meeting)
- Monday, March 5, 2018 ***Cancelled***
- Monday, April 2, 2018 ***Cancelled***
- Monday, May 7, 2018
- Monday, June 4, 2018
- (No regular meeting in July)
- Monday, August 6, 2018
- (No regular meeting in September)
- Monday, October 1, 2018
- (No regular meeting in November)
- Monday, December 3, 2018
- Monday, February 4, 2019, 7:30 pm (annual reorganization meeting)
Additional meetings as required; all meetings are publicly noticed. Please call the Mercer County Planning Department to confirm meeting date and time.