Virgen Velez, Director
|Mail:||26 Yard Avenue, Trenton, NJ 08650-0068|
|P.O. Box 8068|
The Mercer County One-Stop Career Center is a partnership of organizations that work in collaboration to provide services to the job seeker and employer. Our main goal is to connect businesses with a well-educated workforce
Job Seeker Services
- Include resume writing & interviewing assistance and workshops; academic & skills assessment, career counseling, use of computers, copiers & fax machines
- Automated job matching
- Positive Recruitments and emailed notifications regarding employment opportunities
- Dedicated Veterans Services unit
- Workforce Learning Link provides academic preparation and remediation
- Occupational Training
- Business Resource Center (BRC) – The BRC provides business solutions to employers at no cost to your company. We can act as an employer’s human resources by helping businesses with issues related to recruitment and training of your new employees.
- On the Job Training (OJT) - This program provides an incentive to businesses allowing employers to receive up to 50 percent reimbursement of a new employee’s wages for a maximum amount of $4,000 for a maximum period of six months (dependent upon the complexity of the job and the employees’ current skills). OJT allows for the custom training of new employees thereby offsetting employer training costs while assisting the employee to acquire the skills necessary to satisfy job requirements.
- Training for your existing workforce – In addition to OJT, we can also provide customized training grants to employers to help them address skills gaps in their current workforce.
- Direct Access to Qualified Workers – Post your job openings for FREE and reach thousands of jobseekers on Jobs4Jersey.com. You can also work directly with the One-Stop to have applicants be pre-qualified to meet your specifications.
- Recruitments & Job Fairs – Our services can help identify potential candidates by assisting in the recruiting and initial screening of candidates. This can be done at the One-Stop or employer site. All potential candidates can be pre-qualified according to employer specifications thereby saving the time and money involved in interviewing all interested candidates.
- Tax Credits and Federal Bonding – We work with employers to provide them with detail on the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) and Federal Bonding.
Youth Career Connection (YCC)
- YCC serves young people ages 17-24 by providing career counseling, occupational training, High School Equivalency preparation, paid internships and employment assistance.
Career Exploration Fair- March 7th at the CURE Arena
Focusing on Advanced Manufacturing, Building Trades and Hi-Tech Jobs. See flyer for details. Career Exploration Fair 3-7-17 flyer
Free Transportation Program to Six Flags Great Adventure for Youth! Program registration begins April 2018. Contact the Youth Services department at (609) 989-6206 for more information.
For more information about the One-Stop Career Center and our services for employers and employees/job seekers, please call or visit:
Mercer County One-Stop Career Center
26 Yard Avenue
Trenton, NJ 08650
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Training Orientation- Mondays at 1:30 p.m. MCOSCC trainingflyer (2)
- Youth Orientations (17-24 year olds)- first and third Mondays at 10 a.m.
Parking: Limited metered parking is available on Clinton Avenue and East State Street. There is a pay per hour covered parking garage on Yard Avenue.