The Mercer County Child Care Voucher Program seeks to assist moderate-income working families of Mercer County with the cost of childcare. Since its inception in 2001, this County-funded program, provides childcare subsidy to eligible families for children from birth through age 12. Payments for childcare only can be made to federally/State of New Jersey licensed childcare centers and camps or registered family care providers in New Jersey; payment is not made directly to County residents. Child Care Connection, which was selected via the Request for Proposals (RFPs) process, administers the program on behalf of the County of Mercer.
Mercer County parents or legal guardians who are working and meet the income guidelines may be eligible for the Mercer County Child Care Voucher Program. Families whose gross annual income exceeds the maximum income eligibility level for subsidy through the State of New Jersey's childcare subsidy programs may be eligible to receive assistance through the Mercer County Child Care Voucher Program.
- Eligibility is based on gross annual family income and family size. (See income eligibility chart below.)
- Applicants (parents/legal guardians) must be employed at least 25 hours per week or attending full-time school.
- Applicants and approved families cannot receive other subsidies from Child Care Connection or other State programs.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Mercer County, and the child must reside with the applicants.
The Mercer County Child Care Voucher Program income guidelines for 2019 effective as of Jan. 11, 2019, are as follows:
|Family Size||Gross Income Guidelines|
|2||$33,821 to $59,185|
|3||$42,661 to $74,655|
|4||$51,501 to $90,125|
|5||$60,341 to $105,595|
|6||$69,181 to $121,065|
|7||$78,021 to $136,535|
|8||$86,861 to $152,005|
|9||$95,701 to $167,475|
|10||$104,541 to $182,945|
|11||$113,381 to $198,415|
|12||$122,221 to $213,885|
For qualified families, the Mercer County Child Care Voucher Program will contribute the following amounts toward child care bills:
- $200 per month for all-day care, unless a child attends less than 50% of the month. If a child attends less than 50% of the month, payment will be prorated based on the time that the child was in day care.
- $75 per month for before and/or after school care.
- $500 total for summer camp if the child attends eight weeks, or 25% of the total bill if the child attends less than eight weeks.
Parents/legal guardians are responsible for the remainder of their bills.
Our contracted provider will determine eligibility for the Mercer County Child Care Voucher Program.