Beth Risoldi, Supervising Program Development Specialist
|Mail:||640 S. Broad St.|
|P.O. Box 8068|
|Trenton, NJ 08650-0068|
The Mercer County Human Services Advisory Council (HSAC) enables representatives of local government, volunteer agencies, providers, consumers, consumer advocates, and municipalities to coordinate efforts to improve the quality of human services in Mercer County.
The Human Services Advisory Council serves the community in the following ways:
- Develops and monitors the coordination of comprehensive human services plans in the county.
- Identifies human services needs and advocates for resolution.
- Conducts county-wide needs assessments and updates planning documents.
- Monitors contracted programs to assure that target populations are being adequately served and that County plan priorities are being addressed.
- Assists the County in identifying, collecting, and analyzing data on the human services delivery system in Mercer County.
- Recommends allocation of funds for services to the Board of Chosen Freeholders and State Department of Human Services and assists agencies in pursuing state and federal sources of funding.
- Arranges educational speakers to present to the social services community on various human services topics at the Human Services Advisory Council meetings.
Holds an annual legislative breakfast to foster communication, education, and information sharing with local legislators.