The Office for the Disabled funds programs and services that support those living with intellectual, cognitive, developmental, and physical disabilities; their families; and caregivers. Information, assistance, and referral is made to funded agencies as well as organizations that are designated to help those with living with specific disabilities. Agencies receive funds from the Office for the Disabled through the Request for Proposals (RFP) process.
Services funded and referred to are designed to:
- Increase educational, vocational, personal and/or social skills.
- Advance the individual’s capacity for avoiding institutionalization.
- Provide community-based recreation, leisure, and educational activities.
- Offer respite for family members and caregivers.
- Support transitional services from school to work.
- Assist where/when appropriate with personal care.
- Provide extensive care management.