File a Complaint

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Where to Begin

If you have a consumer concern with a business or service in Mercer County, the Consumer Affairs office is available to help resolve the problem. The office accepts complaints in the following ways:

  • You can send a letter or completed Complaint Form to: 
    Mercer County Division of Consumer Affairs, PO Box 8068, Trenton, NJ 08650
  • You can submit your Complaint via email
  • You can fax your Complaint to: 609-989-6670
  • You can make an appointment by calling: 609-989-6671

Fill out a complaint form

If you would like to fill out a complaint form, please go to the following link and print out the form. You may also call (609) 989-6671 for a form to be sent to you.

Photo copies of all checks, receipts, documents, ads, pictures and whatever the consumer thinks is necessary should be included with the form. The case (complaint) will be assigned to an Investigator who will try to resolve the matter.

  1. Make sure you have a consumer complaint. A consumer complaint involves a disagreement between an individual and a business or sometimes between two businesses.
  2. File a written complaint. Telephone your local Consumer Affairs Office for their address and for filing instructions.
  3. When filling out the complaint form, describe your problem briefly, clearly and completely. Give the full name, address and telephone number of the business involved. If possible, include the names and titles of the people with whom you have discussed the problem.
  4. Enclose copies (not originals) of any letters, receipts, contracts, cancelled checks, advertisements. etc. that support your claim.
  5. Your complaint will be reviewed and evaluated as quickly as possible. An investigator will contact you. Allow at least three weeks for the office to contact you. Depending on your individual case, you may be advised to pursue a settlement in Small Claims Court. Your complaint may be referred to another government agency that can best help you. Remember, only written complaints will be accepted. 

File a Consumer Complaint

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer